Saturday 15 October 2016

Free Falling

This marks an ending of an era. And though there are no real final goodbyes, I think this one's gonna stick for quite a long time.

Taken: October 15, 2016
1 hour and 23 minutes of sleep/ Jeep from Bauan to Diversion Road-Jeep from Diversion Road to Batangas Grand Terminal- Bus from Batangas Grand Terminal to Turbina- Jeep from Turbina to Calamba Crossing Terminal- Jeep from Calamba Crossing Terminal to San Pablo- Jeep from San Pablo to Rizal Recreation Center/ 4 hours and 17 minutes travel time/ Traffic,Traffic, Traffic/ Hunger, Fatigue and Sleep Deprivation

Dear Jade, 

Okay. I think I procrastinated enough for this post to be put up. 4 years ago, I left you to work in another country. Today, I am doing it again and though there are no permanent goodbyes really, I think this one would be for a very long time. 

Also, more than 6 years ago I wrote a little something for you and the people I came to meet when I first joined this ragtag of a family you have. I cringe a little with my use of metaphors then and even the sheer innocence that laced every word. But what I realize the most when I read that little piece is how eager I was to find something I could be part of, and you  gave me that Jade. I learned a lot in your arms and most of the things I arm myself with when I deal people of diversity are things that I developed during my stay with you. I am sorry for being weak sometimes, I have my flaws too and though I wanted to stay longer so that we can refine these so called weaknesses, there are just some things that one needs to let go of. I hope that you will continue to be a place of warmth and learning for those who will come before you, seeking for something noble to partake in. I hope that you will come to accept that there are things you can't provide as well and this may lead people to leave you. 

You helped me be the adult, dysfunctional as I may be, that I am today. Thank you.


-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hey :) Is there something you would like to say?