Tuesday 26 November 2013

Things I need to be telling Myself more often


1. Know that you are still blooming, and this is okay.
2. Write handwritten love notes to the parts of yourself you hate.
3. Find the comfort in holding your own hand.
4. Remember, even clouds cry sometimes.
5. Date yourself. Get to know yourself again.
6. Learn how to be alone without feeling lonely.
7. Do something that scares you every day, no matter how small. Watch your life change.
8. Stop wishing for a vacation and make your life into something you don’t wish to escape from.
9. Recognize that the best artists color outside the lines. You have the same freedom in your life. Break conventions.
10. Go to the florist on the corner and buy yourself some flowers. Spoil yourself. You deserve it.
11. Throw out your premeditated list of qualities for your perfect mate. That special person is not a recipe or equation. Humans are more than that.


12. Share your testimony. Our story is meant to be heard. Find your voice.
13. Wish to be more like rain than snow. Snow is frigid and hardens. Rain is vulnerable and soft.
14. Look at your veins. They are roots, and your limbs are branches. Your body is a strong tree. Don’t you dare cut it down.
15. Strive to have the humility as the sun. It shines brilliantly every day without needing anyone to notice.
16. Flip through old photos and reminisce about the past, but do not live there. Nothing new happens there.
17. Dust off the fingerprints of any past lover left on your skin. You belong only to yourself.
18. Become the person you’d like to fall in love with.
19. Loving yourself again will be like putting on eyeglasses. The blur will fade and you will see yourself for what you truly are: beautiful.
— Kayla Hollatz - 19 Ways To Start Loving Yourself Again 

5 comments:

  1. 6. Learn how to be alone without feeling lonely.

    Will state my case, Your Honor. I am fine, alone, I really am. In fact, I'm quite suplado in that I turn away offers and invites for company A LOT. Seventy percent of the time.

    But I, too, am human. Going for years on end alone gets to you. So yes, sometimes, I get ansty and therefore the want for someone.

    How about you, D? How are you faring with this one?

    15. Strive to have the humility as the sun. It shines brilliantly every day without needing anyone to notice.

    Working on this one. Friends accuse me of grandstanding, sometimes. In moments of stress or imbalance of emotions, I tend to appear larger than life.

    I really am just small. Ordinary. You would not even pick me out from the crowd. I blend into the wall.

    ...and sometimes, that is good.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to mishandle decisions when loneliness creep in, like go on a date with the ex even though it won't accomplish anything.

      #6 Most of the time I make do with the company that I can get and that means friends and colleagues and people with the same interest, somehow that suffice. I am good at compensation you see.

      #15 Blending in the crowd is an under appreciated talent. I do believe naman that we are to stand out as God created us to be, but constantly being highlighted is exhausting. A lot of cases of breakdowns can be rooted down to that very fact.

      It is ever so nice reading what you think of these things :)

      Delete
  2. Yes. I despise this spotlight.

    Date with exes are the worst. And then days after you analyze and analyze all. Crazy. Remind me not to go on any more.

    New people. Let's go out with new people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5. Date yourself. Get to know yourself again.

    Sorry. But am so sick of me. If only I could run away from me I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will tell you not to date your ex(es), it's not healthy. Especially with drinks involved.

      Accepting and knowing yourself well doesn't have to mean you like yourself. At least be your self's competitor, never run away. Nothing good comes out of running away.

      Delete

Well hey :) Is there something you would like to say?