Monday 14 December 2015

Winter Blues







I don't really understand winter and the people that like this season. It's grey and cold and sad. You can't really go out and if you do decide to step out of the house, you come out all bundled up and still feel cold.




It's past 2am. I curl under the covers while a shiver find its way down my spine. I sighed. I can't sleep with this cold. The heaters humming with all the warmth that it could muster but it has no chance against the long fingers of winter. I turned under the covers, making myself small to make use of all of my body's heat. I willed myself to sleep, no use cause it's just too damn cold. I stared at the wall about a foot away, "I bet that's freezing cold right now", was what I was thinking. Just then you reached for me under the blankets, wrapping me in your arms. I breathed you in and summer was reintroduced to me. I smiled. I guess I could work around winter after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hey :) Is there something you would like to say?