Thursday 11 September 2014

1 to 25: Goin' quarter of a century

So at the beginning of this month, I sort of gave myself a writing assignment, that is to blog everyday until my 25th birthday :))) And needless to say I wasn't able to follow through. It's been a busy start of the month for me and a majority of the time I had was away from a computer let alone a stable internet connected gadget. So here are some updates of the days went by with my blogless (?)


7 to 25: September 05, 2014 

I met with a good friend from my short stint in Kuala Lumpur, it was so nice to see her after almost 2 years. She haven't changed a bit. After that I went to an unusual funeral for an elderly member of our Church who passed. Unusual because unlike common funerals where the mood is somber and morose, this one was filled with laughter and looking ahead at the future. The Lord provided this perspective to those who understands His will and that takes hold His promise. I concluded the night with a night cap of Milk tea with Church friends, we ended up having one of the deepest discussion on faith, religious differences and testimonies I've ever had in my life. I long for another session of that. I went home late but it was one of the most worthwhile day in a long time for me.

6 to 25: September 06, 2014 

I went to my first ever formal writing workshop, I was so nervous about it actually. I am not really confident about my writing, my style or the voice that I am using in my write ups. So I went there really insecure, and found myself in the midst of young people. They were so excited and young, that it somehow reminded me of the energy that I had way back. The whole program was not so structured and presented questions for the writers (meaning us) to ponder on and think through. It was one of the most revealing experience artistically speaking for me. It reawakened that desire for me to better myself and just write.

The seminar was conducted in the University where I wanted to go to. And with the desire to better myself came back the desire to study there too. I am planning to do it in less that 5 years time, I am relatively still young then, with (hopefully) the financial stability that I am lacking now. I hope that all of these plannings will pan out eventually. I got to walking around the campus and passed by some locations where I went with this guy that I currently like, it didn't work for us, but I am not afraid to say that I still like him and upon seeing those places again brought back some memories for me. There was one point that I teared up a bit, but that's it. The reality that he is so out of my reach is sad and at the same time humanizing, it is putting me at my rightful place.

The day went on with a meeting with a production ministry I am highly involve in the Church, there are a lot of pending projects that we have and we needed ideas to move everything along. It can be pressuring but I know that the Lord is using this ministry to use and let us grow. Yummy cakes were served for our Ministry head's birthday.

My Saturday didn't end there, one of my closest friends celebrated his birthday and so I went to his party, good friends around and food was prepared. It was a lovely evening. There was a moment of revelation for me but everything ended on  a sweet note.

I came home really tired. It's Sunday already and boy do I miss my bed.


5 to 25: September 07, 2014

It is my paternal grandmother's birthday. I miss her so much. She helped guide me into the person I am today. I guess I got my stubbornness from her. I hope she's here today to see me. *sigh*

Oh also, dinner with renewed friends, if you were to ask me 5 years ago if we can all sit down and eat a proper meal together, I'll answer that there is no chance in hell that that is going to happen. Oh how times change and hearts too.

Someone is trying to sensor my blogs, I hate it. Sure you can correct me about errors that I may have mentioned in my posts but if you are going to question the intention of my write ups without any proof, man you are in for some hard core retaliation. Never ever do that to me.

4 to 25: September 8, 2014

Monday was a slow day. I wasn't productive in the office and since it's the beginning of the Korean Thanksgiving I wasn't even feeling like I wanted to work. But work came and went. That's just how life is.

3 to 25: September 9, 2014

Was able to blog :)

2 to 25: September 10, 2014

Finally had that long awaited leave. I spent most part of the day in bed, ate only when I am hungry and just surfing the darker side of the internet, it wasn't pretty. Then at around 2 pm I decided to go to the Marikina Shoe Museum with a friend. I knew na-da about how to get to that place and we ended up having an adventure and tasting the best barbecue ever. I also picked up a package sent to me by my friend from Kuala Lumpur, pancit canton and good coffee around!  Later that day I finally found a guitar to practice with. It was like love. Another friend came to meet me and helped me choose the right one.We ended the night sharing a meal together. It was a nice "salubong" to my 25th.

1 to 25: September 11, 2014. D-Day

I am planning on going around some museums and spending the day alone. It's sort of a loner thingy I have for myself. Haha anyway, updates later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hey :) Is there something you would like to say?