Friday 14 November 2014

Fire crackers


The morning after our first kiss I wrote to someone how it felt "like firecrackers, suddenly there then gone and back again." I should have seen it all coming, but I was so mesmerized with your glow and alive with your presence that I didn't mind that it'll be just for a moment.



Someone told me that she usually predict how her relationships will go just with the first kiss; I guess ours, if there was any to begin with, was doomed at the very beginning. 

I shouldn't have felt that soft warm fluttery feeling when I asked you, with eyes half closed and drunk with euphoria, "what was that for?" and you answered, "I thought the moment called for it." I never should have handed something so precious to a man who gets swayed by mere moments.

Firecrackers are pointless really, they just create an illusion that something can be so beautiful when in fact it'll fade in no time. 

2 comments:

  1. I always think it's beautiful how firecrackers are so loud yet so brief. The best stories I've read have been about romances like this. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a different light, coming from a different perspective, I might have agreed with you. Kaso iba pala if instead of firecrackers it's your heart that is exploding into million pieces with a loud bang. :))

      Delete

Well hey :) Is there something you would like to say?